- October 3: Honda Fuel Dilution Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- September 29: Honda Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 16 days ago
- September 28: Honda Recalls Accord and Insight For Rear Camera Problems recalls | 17 days ago
- September 27: Acura TL Driver Says His Takata Airbag Exploded news | 18 days ago
- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 45 days ago
Honda Recall JT7: Hybrid System May Go Into Fail Safe Mode
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid
A vehicle stall increases the risk of a crash.
Hybrid Propulsion System
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles manufactured August 29, 2013, to May 30, 2015. Electrical interference may cause the hybrid system to switch into fail-safe mode, disabling the gasoline engine, limiting the vehicle's speed to 40 miles per hour and functioning only on battery power. Once the battery is discharged, the vehicle will stall.
- Honda will notify owners, and dealers will update the hybrid system software, free of charge. The recall began on November 6, 2015. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is JT7.
- Documents (17)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - October 1, 2015 02271 Version 2
- Statement by American Honda Regarding Cell Voltage Sensor Recall: 2014-2015 Accord Hybrid
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - October 28, 2015 Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2014-15 Accord FHEV CVS Error Detection – Q&A File
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 2014-15 Accord Hybrid Cell Voltage Sensor Safety Recall Q&A
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Update
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.