2015 Honda CR-V transmission problems: vibrations

2015 Honda CR-V (Page 1 of 4)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: Some vehicles alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently at idle and while driving. Buyer beware.

2. honda has no fix for the problem (7 reports)
  3. honda is aware of the problem and is working on a fix (3 reports)
  4. keep lights on, use neutral at stops (2 reports)
  5. service bulletin (2 reports)
  6. technical service bulletin 15-046 (2 reports)
2015 Honda CR-V transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Feb 282018

CR-V ES-L 2.4L

The Honda CR-V 2015 has a new transmission that causes excess vibration at idle while car in is in drive.

- williammalone, Torrance, US

Dec 012017

I purchased this car as a use vehicle. I checked CARFAX and there was no mention of vibration problems. I noticed this after purchasing the car has I didn't pay attention when I test drove it. The sales person made NO mention of pending problems, The dealer has made unsuccessful attempts to eliminate the vibration. I feel this should fall under the "Lemon Law". .

- Phil C., West Lafayette, IN, US

Jan 072018

• CVT transmission

When in DRIVE AND STOPPED vibration begins after stopped for 15 seconds.

Vibration continues for approx 15 seconds until RPM's increase.

15 seconds later vibration begin again.

Vibrations are felt in seat, brake pedal and headrest.

- Raymond R., Valley Center, US

Jul 152015

I bought my crv in July 2015. Right away we noticed the vibration and returned to the dealership. They

did a fix and it helped for awhile. The vibration is back. It’s only when I’m stopped that I really feel the vibration but it’s very annoying.

- nan3146, Decatur, US

Jul 032015

CR-V EX 2.4L

• CVT transmission

My CRV has a vibration problem in a gear position so I took my car to the dealership, but they could not fix it. They just said it is common vibration that I don't think so. If it is normal vibration, then I wish I had never bought this car ever.

- wade0830, McKinney, US

Jul 152015

• CVT transmission

Violent shaking under driver's seat when car is in gear but foot on brake. Honda ordering parts to fix it.

- resjes, Summit, US

Jun 262015

CR-V EXL 2.4L V4

• CVT transmission

The car vibrates when idling and when accelerating. Honda came up with a "fix" that did not change the problem. They did something with the radiator and cushions and replaced bolts. That was not effective. This is very annoying and Honda doesn't seem to care because they say it is not a safety issue.

There is a recall on the 2015 CRV CVT. They will do a software update and if that doesn't work, they will replace the transmission. HOWEVER, this does not address the vibration issue. I sat with a Honda representative during my oil change yesterday and looked at the details of the recall. My question is why can't they come up with a fix. There are enough people complaining and there are also class action lawsuits and yet, it doesn't phase them...really??? I paid way too much money to have such a problem, regardless whether it's a safety issue or not! FIX it!!!

- Susan P., Gaithersburg, MD, US

Jul 102015

CR-V EX 2.4L 4 cyl

I purchased brand new CRV-EX on July 9, 2015. I noticed the vibration upon delivery of the vehicle by the dealer!! I own another CRV from 2003, now it has almost 190,000 miles on it. I could feel the vibration in the new car right away, because I still have the old CRV with me for comparison. The old one is so beautifully running, very calm. I owned at least 4 other Honda's ( Civic, Accord ), since almost 25 years!!! I am a staunch Honda loyal citizen. And I did not have any issues with any of the Honda.

This vehicle is a pain in...!!!!!!!!! It bothers me a lot since I bought. I complained this to the Princeton Honda where I bought it. I got a written ( dated 8/4/15 - computer online ) VIN inquiry Acknowledgement, stating this vehicle bearing this VIN # has no recall nor any open or closed campaign. That was B.S from the dealers. I went again to them on complaining about the horrible vibrations/noise on idling in drive mode and upon certain speeds while driving. But they gave me in writing the vehicle has no issue. Princeton Honda dealer sales & their service staff were hiding the facts about the vibrations. I took the car to Princeton Honda for servicing oil+filter change Dec 5th 2015 at 7141 miles on it. And at that time I requested them to check the car for sound/vibration at idle, the technician just bluntly mentioned in the report that he did not hear any sound. But how about any vibration? he had no answer.

I complained to American Honda for different reason in Jan 2016...I noticed that the mileage dropped considerably to a low ( about 23-24 mpg against I had 27-28 in the beginning of its career ). They referred me to the dealership. I was afraid again to go to dealer, because they are not giving satisfactory answer.

Again I called American Honda on 5/3/16 to report the HORRIBLE VIBRATIONS in the vehicle, they directed me to the dealers for diagnoses. Upon asking, the Honda rep said that I will be responsible for fees for diagnosis at dealers!!!!!!!!!! I argued with no result. I lodged the complaint anyway. I was very furious about this. And started searching online reviews and help for this. I found out this site + other lawsuit against Honda at Ohio court. I do not make out the judgement or any proceeding of the lawsuit, I would like to know what is happening in this regard. I am worried because I purchased this vehicle with a thought that I will not require to buy any vehicle till I retire ( may be another 3-5 years!!) or even after retirement I could use this LEMON!!!!

- Upen S., Dayton, NJ, USA

Apr 012015

CR-V LX 2.4L

- paul gallant, Boca Raton, FL, US

Aug 182015

• CVT transmission

I am also facing vibration issue with my 2015 Honda CR-v just after purchase....when reported to dealer they said it is knows to Honda...they never told this before selling the car....Want to know who to be part of class lawsuit on this topic...I see multiple cases against Honda for this issue...can I be part of any existing ..or need to open a new case..not sure how much attorney cost will be there for new case.

- Ashish K., Plymouth, MN, USA

Jul 022015

It's been vibrating since I got the car. I am embarrassed to have people in my car for when I stop at a light it vibrates like hell.

- ellenbadey, Glendora, NJ, USA

Jan 222015

CR-V EXL 2.4L I-Vec 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

This vibration started the day we drove the car home. It vibrates in certain speeds and at idle in gear. After one year of continually complaining about it they finally fixed the vibration between 35-45, but we lost 3 to 4 miles to the gallon when they fixed it. The vibration while stopped in gear is still there and the garage keeps telling us there is nothing wrong with it. It is not at every stop and usually happens more often when it is warm, Sometimes the vibration is so bad it makes me sick to my stomach.

- Holly H., Ashland, WI, USA

Oct 152015

After going to the service department three times, I am told there is no fix for level 2 and 3 vibration. I don't know what to do next!

- tclemons, Memphis, TN, USA

Nov 142015

I just recently bought my 2015 CRV and the first day driving it after it warmed up and coming to a complete stop. my seats and steering wheel began to vibrate uncontrollably. I mentioned it to my car sales man and he directed me to the service department. The first time my car was there they resurfaced the rotors and said it was good to go. Immediately after picking up the car I noticed it still vibrated uncontrollably while in gear stopped. I could feel the vibration in my foot, the steering wheel, and seat, and I could see the passenger seat vibrating. I returned to Honda and my service guy said he didn't notice anything. Then I asked another service guy who noticed it right away. He then explained to me that he saw a bulletin on the issue. He printed the 19 page bulletin and gave it to me and I then contacted the service department manager. He drove the car with me noticed the issue, ordered the parts, and serviced my problem according to the bulletin. Once again I received a call stating my car was ready. Now the vibration in my car is not as strong as it once was. I don't feel it in my seat and I can not see my passenger seat vibrating but there is still a vibration in my foot and steering when in gear idle at a stop. I met with a Honda RP today to compare my car against a new 2016 both cars vibrate while idle and because of this they said there is nothing they can do for me because all cars will have a slight vibration. I do NOT agree with Honda. I do not believe all cars, SUVs, and trucks have a slight vibration. I believe this is a Honda issue and I am very frustrated and disappointed. Just because a 2016 has a vibration doesn't make it right. If I would have felt the vibration during my test drive I would have never bought the vehicle.

- tdtillman, Laurel, MD, US

Aug 252015

CR-V EXL 4-cyl

• CVT transmission

I purchased this car and the day I got it - I noticed the vibration. Thought maybe it was because it had been on the lot sitting. Dealership said that Honda knows of the problem and a fix would be coming out (August). I had to call Honda and inquire about he fix and see when. Finally I called back Honda in December only to find out a fix had been created. The dealership performed the fix, and I drive the car AND IT STILL VIBRATES!!! To the point that I am feeling sick when driving.

Brought it back to Honda Dealership and they state that vibration is normal. If I wanted a vibrating chair I would have bought one for my house... Not in my car. This experience has been the worst. I have owned many Honda's but think I am all done with them now. However, I spent so much money on this car that I need to wait many more years of driving a car that makes me sick. I guess it will keep the mileage down low... Annoyed! And, Honda has not been very helpful on their interactions with me.

- kfelton, Lexington, MA, USA

Jan 082016

CR-V EX 2.4L

I traded my 2015 Mustang only had 4400 miles on it f or a 2015 Honda CRV. The value of the trade was $20,500. The Honda was $25,000. I paid $5000 for the difference. The next day I discovered the Honda had a vibrating issue, I called the dealer and they said just bring it back when the mechanic is there to look at it. I purchased the car 4 days ago on a Thursday called the dealer Friday and he said bring it in Monday. I have researched the 2015 Honda CRV and discovered that there is currently a lawsuit against Honda for this problem. Can I return the Honda and get my Mustang back?

When I noticed the vibration the next day after purchasing the vehicle, I contacted the sales manager who sold me the car, and asked if I could bring it in so he could drive it. He told me no and the mechanic was not available. He said bring it in on Monday. I am very upset!!! I was expecting a new car to not have this kind of problem. The vibration makes me feel sick to my stomach while driving. I traded an awesome Mustang for a lemon!

- aprildark, Tyler, USA

Nov 102015

CR-V 2.4L-4 cyl

We have been to the dealership several times with the vibration issue. Honda (they said) applied a couple of fixes that if they applied would also maybe cause issues with gas mileage. We called the Honda 800 and got a complaint filed. We got a call from Honda basically saying tough luck, nothing we can do about it.

- brendaltn, Oak Ridge, TN, USA

Dec 012015

For those of you who haven’t heard, several lawsuits alleging vibration issues with the 2015 Honda CR-V have been consolidated in a federal court in Ohio (http://www.ohsd.uscourts.gov/multidistrict-litigation-2661). Attorneys from my firm, Gibbs Law Group LLP, were appointed by the court to lead the case on behalf of affected drivers.

If you would like to learn more about the case or to tell us about what’s happening with your CR-V, feel free to contact me at (510) 350-9723 or ccc@classlawgroup.com.

- Jay G., Oakland, CA, USA

Dec 042015

CR-V Leather

• CVT transmission

Purchased new CR-V 2015, vibrates terrible. Dealership put in chip and vibration is better at lower speed. However, over 70 mph vibration is rediculous. Had tires balance and rotated, nothing works. Told me to drive another 3 months and if still vibrating, bring it back.

Purchased car before retirement so I went all out and bought top of the line. I'm so very disappointed in my car and extremely disappointed in Honda. I expected better from Honda. I've been driving Honda for 20 years and never disappointed until now. Now I will not be able to enjoy my retirement and be broke trying to pay for it. I'm devastated!!! I finally step out of my financial comfort zone and have to drive a car to remind me how stupid I was. VERY, VERY, VERY disappointed in myself and HONDA!!!!!

- Barbara A., Richmond, USA

May 012015

CR-V Touring

A ridicules vibration at idle and highway speeds. Miller Honda tried a new software update but no solution. They advise Honda will call when they find a way to correct the problem. After seven months it's obvious they can't fix it. And they are still selling these things. Can't believe it.

- Bergie F., Stephens City, VA, USA