- September 14: Honda Recalls Cars With Airbags That Weren't Installed Correctly recalls | 37 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 40 days ago
- September 8: Salvaged Takata Airbag Focus of Karina Dorado Lawsuit news | 43 days ago
- September 4: Honda Agrees to $605 Million Takata Airbag Settlement news | 47 days ago
- August 21: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 61 days ago
2009 Honda CR-V
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: While the 2009 CR-V still came equipped with tires that wear out faster than my Grandpa after a turkey dinner, Honda did address an electrical problem with the door locks that plagued owners of previous model years.
Worst 2009 CR-V Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- wheels / hubs problems16NHTSA complaints: 21
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 5
- body / paint problems8NHTSA complaints: 6
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 5
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 27
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 162
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 19
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2009 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.