- September 14: Honda Recalls Cars With Airbags That Weren't Installed Correctly recalls | 9 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 12 days ago
- September 8: Salvaged Takata Airbag Focus of Karina Dorado Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- September 4: Honda Agrees to $605 Million Takata Airbag Settlement news | 19 days ago
- August 21: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 33 days ago
Srs Light On
2001 Honda Civic (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 105,035 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 27 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (17 reports)
- replaced seat belt buckle (7 reports)
- replaced the driver seat belt buckle (2 reports)
- fixed the seat belt (1 reports)
seat belts / air bags problem