ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

8.0

$3,840

1. replaced cylinder head, piston, rings exhaust valves, gaskets (1 reports)
2012 Honda Civic engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Civic:

2012 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Dec 092015

Civic

I am the owner of a 2012 Honda Civic. My god my car is 4 years old. I have looked after my car to the TEE! Then one morning on my way to work my engine light came on and that's where my story starts. Got a tow truck right away because I could tell the car was not drive able. I have forwarded all my maintenance records to Honda Canada and I just seem to be getting put off and when I phone they leave me on hold forever. The dealership is doing sh*t and said this is the first time they have seen this in a civic! My third cylinder out of the blue is getting no compression. Had to have it towed to the dealership and then they sent the head to Car Quest for diagnostics. R u kidding me. U don't even know what is wrong?!! Now they called and emailed me R & R CYLINDER HEAD AND REPAIR REPLACE PISTON RINGS AND PISTON, OIL AND FILTER CHANGE (that I just had done when I winterized it)

Also 2EXHAUST VALVES GASKETS/ORINGS

4 PISTON RINGS

1PISTON AND FLUIDS AND MISC. ALL FOR A COOL $3,835.78,!!!!! Yada yada yada

Why should I be held accountable for this? My warranty was 5 years or 100,000. I went over by 8,000 k. So what happened to clause at dealerships "GOOD WILL"? So is this what happens after warranty the engines go. If u look on Hondaproblems.com you will see The worst problem year for Hondas is 2012! Imagine that! Someone please help me. Now I don't have a car, have to find a ride into work, it's freezing Christmas time and there is sh*t to be done and I cannot do Squat! WHY WOULD THE DEALERSHIP NOT OFFER ME A COURTESY VECHICLE????????? THIS IS DEFINITELY FACTORY DEFECT!'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- gotta lemon, Amherstburg, ON, Canada