2016 Honda Civic engine problems: engine surges while driving

Engine Surges While Driving

2016 Honda Civic

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

4.0

1. reprogram the computer (1 reports)
2016 Honda Civic engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Civic:

2016 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Aug 162016

Civic EX-T 1.5L

• CVT transmission

I bought this car with 8700 miles on it. It was the loaner vehicle that the dealer had purchased. I initially thought it was just me thinking the engine was surging while I was driving at highway speeds because it didn't do it while driving in town. I went to the dealer & talked to a service writer that by the way was a dumbass. The first question out of her mouth was if this is the first Honda I had owned. I said yes but if this is an example of their performance it will be the last. I was told that it was "normal" for a Honda. I am 46 years old & have driven a LOT of different vehicles in my life & not 1 of them did this under "normal" conditions. I thought about it that night while I was at work. The next day, I called Honda customer care & was told there was a service bulletin for the service department to reprogram the computer. I called the dealer back & scheduled the appointment for them to reprogram the car. After it was reprogrammed, the engine surging was magically gone. That was the beginning of issues.

- jtaylor9972, Knoxville, IL, US