- December 22: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Ordered For 1,082 Cars recalls | 26 days ago
- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 34 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 37 days ago
- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 44 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 58 days ago
Honda Recall JV8: Improper Rear Grab Rail Bracket/FMVSS 214/226
2015 Honda Fit
If the side curtain air bags are punctured upon deployment, the outboard seat occupants may be at a higher risk of injury during a crash.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 Fit LX-trim vehicles manufactured April 11, 2014, to July 02, 2015 and not equipped with a sunroof. In the affected vehicles, the rear grab handle brackets were not manufactured properly, and as a result, the brackets may puncture the side curtain air bags upon their deployment. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 214, "Side Impact Protection" and number 226, "Ejection Mitigation".
- Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear grab handle bracket, free of charge. The recall began on December 18, 2015. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is JV8.
- Documents (14)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Defect 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: November 6, 2015 RE: Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2015-16 Fit Rear Grab Handle Brackets-UPDATE
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Service Bulletin 15-079 November 6, 2015 02635 Version 2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2015-16 Fit Rear Grab Handle Brackets
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Honda Service Bulletin 15-079 October 23, 2015 02635 Version 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.