- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 0 days ago
- October 22: Honda Pays $5 Million Over Takata Airbags news | 36 days ago
- October 4: Honda Fuel Pump Recall Failed, Lawsuit Alleges news | 54 days ago
- October 3: Mesa, Arizona: Honda Civic Driver Killed by Takata Airbag news | 55 days ago
- September 26: Honda Ridgeline Bed Cover Recall Issued recalls | 62 days ago
Honda Engineering Analysis EA09014: Air in brake system
2008 Honda Odyssey
Air in brake system
Service Brakes, Hydraulic:Antilock/Traction Control/Electronic Limited Slip:Control Unit/Module
- By letter dated March 15, 2010, American Honda Motor Corp. (HMC) notified the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) that it will conduct a safety recall (NHTSA Recall No. 10V-098) to address a defect in approximately 412,000 model year (MY) 2007 and 2008 Honda Odyssey and Element vehicles equipped with an ABS/VSA/TCS modulator. The recalled Odyssey vehicles were built from August 2006 August 2008.The recalled Element vehicles were built from July 2006 to July 2008. According to Honda, during an initial self-check process that occurs shortly after each engine ignition cycle, the self-diagnostic software for the VSA modulator allows a vacuum condition that can exist for several hours, allowing air to enter the VSA modulator pump.Over time, and thousands of engine ignition cycles, it is possible for enough air to enter the system to result in a brake pedal that feels soft or lower to the floor.If the customer does not have any brake service or maintenance performed over a period of months or years, the system can continue to accumulate enough air to affect braking performance.To correct the safety defect, Honda dealers will remove existing air in the brake system then apply sealant and caps to the VSA modulator to prevent air from entering the brake system, free of charge. The action taken by Honda is sufficient to resolve the issues raised by this investigation. The agency will continue to monitor this issue and reserves the right to take further action if warranted by the circumstances.Accordingly, this investigation is closed.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.