- January 18: Takata Airbag Claims Another Life, This Time in Florida news | 4 days ago
- January 11: Honda Recalls 717,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators news | 11 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 25 days ago
- December 19: Takata Airbag Kills Louisiana Driver of a Honda Civic news | 34 days ago
- November 30: Honda Recalls 2017 Civics With Bad Driveshafts recalls | 53 days ago
2014 Honda Odyssey
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.
Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.
As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.
Worst 2014 Odyssey Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems40
- brakes problems16NHTSA complaints: 30
- interior accessories problems14NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems14NHTSA complaints: 24
- body / paint problems9NHTSA complaints: 9
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 17
- wheels / hubs problems4
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 39
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 6
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Odyssey Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Odyssey compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Odyssey overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Odyssey.