- March 12: Honda and Acura Recall 1.1 Million Vehicles Over Takata Airbags recalls | 9 days ago
- February 14: 437,000 Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled For Fuel Pumps recalls | 35 days ago
- February 10: 2015 Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit Settlement Approved news | 39 days ago
- February 8: Honda Ridgeline Recalled To Replace Fuel Pumps and Covers recalls | 41 days ago
- December 22: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Ordered For 1,082 Cars recalls | 89 days ago
Vehicle Jerking, Loud Clunking Noise
2014 Honda Odyssey (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.
Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.
As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 17,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 35 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (27 reports)
- none, Honda claims this is normal for their eco-transmission (2 reports)
- fixed the problem (1 reports)
- replaced secondary valve body (1 reports)
- so they did a software update and so far so good (1 reports)
- software update (1 reports)