- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 8 days ago
- August 8: Model Year 2019 Honda CR-Vs Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 17 days ago
- June 28: Takata Airbags Cause Recall of 1.6 Million Acura/Honda Vehicles recalls | 58 days ago
- June 23: Honda Infotainment Lawsuit Says Systems Crash and Freeze news | 63 days ago
- May 29: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Issued For Water Pumps recalls | 88 days ago
Vehicle Jerking, Loud Clunking Noise
2014 Honda Odyssey (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.
Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.
As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 19,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 36 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (28 reports)
- none, Honda claims this is normal for their eco-transmission (2 reports)
- fixed the problem (1 reports)
- replaced secondary valve body (1 reports)
- so they did a software update and so far so good (1 reports)
- software update (1 reports)