2013 Hyundai Santa Fe AC / heater problems: ac stopped working

Ac Stopped Working

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

7.7

$1,050

2. replace the ac condenser (1 reports)
  3. turn off/restart (1 reports)
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Apr 042017

Santa Fe 2.0 Turbo

The AC stopped working, it's a pain in the ass now that summer is here..

- kumurun1tw, Fairview, US

Mar 222017

Santa Fe 4. V6

A/C shouldn't quit working when used approximately 3 months a year for 3 years

- Misty J., Nauvoo, US

Jul 122016

Santa Fe Limited 3.2L V6

Called dealer about this problem and was told to bring it in and they would check it out. Received the car next day, was told they did not find any problems with air conditioner. Has happened several times after this one but no use in calling dealer. Will not happen when in the shop.

- cowfan, Hagerstown, MD, USA

May 132015

Santa Fe Sport 2.4L

My wife's car ( we live in Fl.) when heading out on a highway trip and get the car to 70 MPH and about an 1-2 hours in the A/C shuts down, the blow sounds like someone but a sock in the air handler. The Suv has been in dealer 3 time about this and they keep it for 3-4 day and then tell us they can't duplicate the issue and send us on our way. They told me one of the mechanics drove it back and forth to work for a week but still didn't have the same issue. On our last outing heading to Ft, Lauderdale it happen again and we immediately took it to a A/C dealer along the highway. He told us the A/C was freezing up so it had to be a relay switch or condenser unit issue. Called dealer and asked for service manger but because of the large recalls going on they asked we could wait until the new years. So I wait. very frustrating. Only seems to happen on highway trips, and at good highway speeds. I read somewhere that you shouldn't use the power unit plug in ( in Manual) unless you put the A/C unit on low fan? any one with ideas let me know.

- tnrfinancial, Hudson, FL, USA

May 102013

Santa Fe GLS V6

THIS WAS OUR FIRST ROAD TRIP WITH OUR NEW CAR. WE BOUGHT THE CAR 4 MONTHS EARLIER. WE WENT ON OUR TRIP WITH THE PEACE OF MIND THAT WE WOULD NEVER HAVE TO PAY FOR ANYTHING ON THIS CAR EXCEPT FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE FOR 10 YEARS OR 100,000 MILES. ABOUT 5 HOURS INTO THE TRIP WE HAD NO AC. THE TEMPERATURE OUTSIDE WAS OVER 90; WE WENT TO A HYUNDAI DEALERSHIP IN COLUMBIA SC. AFTER ABOUT AN HOUR THE SERVICE MANAGER TOLD US THE CONDENSER WAS NOT COVERED. A ROCK HAD DAMAGED THE CONDENSER. TO OUR KNOWLEDGE WE DID NOT SEE OR HEAR ANYTHING HIT THE CAR. I WAS FURIOUS AND IT RUINED OUR TRIP TO HAVE TO PAY OUT OVER A $1000.00 TO GET THIS FIXED. MY COMPLAINT IS THAT THERE IS NO PROTECTION ON THE FRONT OF THE CAR TO KEEP ROAD DEBRIS FROM DAMAGING THIS CONDENSER. I FEEL THIS IS A DESIGN FLAW. I HAVE ADDRESSED THIS WITH HYUNDAI ON LINE AND AT THE LOCAL LEVEL AND THEY CANNOT HELP ME AT ALL. I HAVE SEEN ON LINE THAT HONDA HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM AND THERE WAS A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM. THEY INSTALLED A SCREEN FOR PROTECTION. I AM TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE HERE TO PUT SOME KIND OF A SCREEN OF GUARD FOR PROTECTION,BUT MY DEALERSHIP IS OF NO HELP. I AM WORRIED THAT IF I HAVE THIS DONE MY WARRANTY WILL NO LONGER BE VALID. SO MUCH FOR THE 100,000 MILE WARRANT. I CALLED OUR CAR INSURANCE COMPANY AND THEY DID REIMBURSE US MINUS OUR DEDUCTIBLE, BUT I AM NOT SURE HOW MANY OF THESE THEY WILL COVER IF IT KEEPS REOCCURRING. THE DEALERSHIP HERE SAID THEY ONLY SEE 2 DAMAGED CONDENSERS LIKE THIS PER MONTH. WHICH MEANS THEY ARE GETTING AN EXTRA $24,000 A YEAR TO REPLACE THIS PART THAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY. MULTIPLY THAT BY 750 DEALERSHIPS AND YOU WILL SEE WHY THEY ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE A FIX FOR IT. IT IS TOO PROFITABLE FOR HYUNDAI.

- Paula M., Ocala, FL, US

Aug 162014

Santa Fe Sport

2013 Hyundai Sante Fe Sport. 13,000 miles. On three different occasions, the AC randomly stops working. It seems to happen when the AC is the lowest setting (coldest temperature) & the fan on high. The AC will just cut off & it will not turn back on. The AC button goes off & will not come back on. Had to pull over, turn off the car & re-start the car. The air comes back on as soon as you restart it. However, if you keep the air on low & on high it will turn back off causing you to pull over again & turn off the car.

The first time it happened I thought it was a fluke. But, it's happened two more times on the hottest days. I am taking it to the dealership with the hope to repair it. I will mention, after the air turns off and you restart the car, if you have the air turned to 65 degrees & the fan on medium it seems to be fine. However, you should be able to have the air on in the coldest setting & on high with no issues.

Also, the sterling column makes a noise in low speeds when parking. Makes a creaking noise. I've taken it to the dealership to only been told it's a normal sound on a brand new car.

- Sally B., Dothan, AL, US