- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 43 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 63 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 67 days ago
Hyundai Recall 112: Right Front Axle Shaft Can Fracture
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
A fractured front axle may result in a loss of power to the wheels. Additionally, if the vehicle is parked without the parking brake applied, it may roll away. Either condition increases the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Axle Assembly — Axle Shaft
- Hyundai is recalling certain model year 2013 front wheel drive Santa Fe Sport vehicles manufactured July 13, 2012, through March 12, 2013; and equipped with 2.4 liter engines. Due to a manufacturing issue, the right front axle shaft may fracture.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front axle shaft assembly, free of charge. The recall began on September 19, 2013. Owners may contact Hyundai Custom Care Center at 1-800-633-5151. Hyundai's recall number is 112.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.