- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 15 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 35 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 39 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 47 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 68 days ago
Hyundai Recall 168: Engine Bearing Wear May Cause Engine Stall
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
The engine bearing wear may cause the vehicle to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2017 Santa Fe vehicles equipped with 3.3L engines. The crankshaft assemblies may have been produced with surface irregularities in the crankshaft pin, causing engine bearing wear.
- Hyundai will notify all owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the engine, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began November 6, 2017. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 168.
- Documents (6)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Important Recall 168 Information 1 Date: October 05, 2017 Attn: Dealer Principal/General Manager/Service Manager/Parts Manager Subject: Recall 168: 2017 Santa Fe Crankshaft (Remedy Not Yet Available)
Click a tab for more information.