- January 17: Hyundai Engine Warranty Extension For Sonata, Santa Fe Sport news | 1 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Replacement Recalls May Have Failed recalls | 1 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 26 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 55 days ago
Hyundai Recall 168: Engine Bearing Wear May Cause Engine Stall
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
The engine bearing wear may cause the vehicle to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2017 Santa Fe vehicles equipped with 3.3L engines. The crankshaft assemblies may have been produced with surface irregularities in the crankshaft pin, causing engine bearing wear.
- Hyundai will notify all owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the engine, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began November 6, 2017. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 168.
- Documents (6)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Important Recall 168 Information 1 Date: October 05, 2017 Attn: Dealer Principal/General Manager/Service Manager/Parts Manager Subject: Recall 168: 2017 Santa Fe Crankshaft (Remedy Not Yet Available)
Click a tab for more information.