- October 1: Hyundai Theft Fix is a $170 Security Kit news | 4 days ago
- September 17: Hyundai Oil Leak Problems Need Investigated, Alleges Petition investigations | 18 days ago
- August 24: Hyundai Palisade Fires Cause Warning to Park Outside recalls | 42 days ago
- August 20: Hyundai Recalls Palisades Following Windshield Wiper Failures recalls | 46 days ago
- August 17: Hyundai and Kia Thefts Send Owners to Court news | 49 days ago
Hyundai Recall 163: Secondary Hood Latch May Bind And Not Latch
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
If the hood is not securely closed or the primary latch is inadvertently released and the secondary latch is not engaged, the hood could unexpectedly open while driving, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2013-2017 Santa Fe and Santa Fe Sport vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the secondary hood latch actuating cable may corrode and bind, causing the secondary hood latch to remain in the unlatched position when the hood is closed.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the secondary latch cable, free of charge. The recall began on August 4, 2017. Owner's may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-671-3059. Hyundai's number for the recall is 163.
- Documents (7)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 12, 2017 Subject: Recall 163: Santa Fe and Santa Fe Sport Secondary Latch Cable (TSB #17-01-050)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - NUMBER 17-01-050 DATE JULY, 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.