- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 4 days ago
- March 18: Theta II Engine Fires Investigated by State Attorneys General investigations | 8 days ago
- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 23 days ago
- February 28: Hyundai Tucson Oil Leak Recall Issued For Fire Risk recalls | 26 days ago
Hyundai Recall 177: Bolts Damaging Side Curtain Air Bags
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
In the event of a crash, if the air bags become damaged during deployment they may not inflate properly, increasing the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe vehicles. The Side Curtain Air Bag (SCAB) mounting bolts may interfere with and damage the air bags during deployment.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will install a protective cover over the SCAB installation bolts, free of charge. The recall began December 3, 2018. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 177.
Click a tab for more information.