ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.

5.7

2. replace dashboard (2 reports)
2011 Hyundai Sonata accessories - interior problems

2011 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jan 032018

Sonata LX 2.4L

Dasboard on right passenger side of 2011 Hyundai Sonata is cracked and is getting progressively worse. The cracks are mainly over the airbag. I contacted Hyundai and was told it is not under warranty and it would be my responsibility to repair the dashboard. I see other complaints about this problem and I recently spoke with a friend who is the owner of a 2009 sonata and said the dashboard has so many cracks. I have never had this occur in any of my other cars, all of which I owned for many more years than this car. Seems the dashboards are defective and Hyundai should acknowledge this and fix the problem.

- Diane R., Miami, US

Jan 152018

Sonata SE 2.4L

Hyundai says it is not their issue. Many people I know who own the 2010 - 2013 have the problem but never report it. Fitzgerald tried to get Hyundai to repair and it was flat denied. The dash looks like a roadmap. At least 10 cracks and more coming everyday. Everybody that sees it laughs and says they will never buy one of these cars. Truth is I like Hyundai and it is the 4th I have bought starting with my kids cars. Even though they replace my engine and performed many recalls on the car I have stood by them. Failing to acknowledge and fix this issue or at least share is unbelievable and my next car will be another brand.

- Gary C., Palm Harbor, US

Feb 012018

Sonata Limited 2.4L 4-cyl

I have always heard cracking from the dashboard or windshield area since I bought my car new. Thought is was strange but chalked it up as a minor annoyance. One morning there was a crack near the left front speaker towards the windshield on the dash. I was not happy but what can you do? Since then I have four more large cracks that come out of nowhere as I notice them when I get into my car. I currently have 5 major cracks on the dash pad that extend from the windshield to the dashboard.

I got no love from Hyundai and was told I would not unless there was a recall. Since there are so many recalls already for this model/year it just might happen! Please report your cracked dash if you have not already! May God Bless you!

- Leonard P., Margate, FL, US

Mar 052018

Sonata

Parked car for the evening, came out in the morning and there was a large crack on the dash. Since then I have several more. I constantly hear cracking noises while driving. The dash feels soft and pliable so I don't understand why it keeps cracking.

- Lily M., Palm Coast, FL, US

Aug 012017

Sonata SE

my steering wheel coupler needs to be replaced which caused my dashboard to crack in multiple places

- Candace R., Stuart, US

Apr 092016

Sonata Limited V6

What does Hyundai really mean when it advertises 100,000 mile warranty? With the amount you purchase on a reliable vehicle, you want to feel as if it was worth it. You want to believe the sales pitch that's advertised is true and they will stand behind and believe in their product. I have had every recall and more on my vehicle. This has made me a non-believer till I would never want to own another Hyundai. I have spent so much money out of pocket on getting repairs done due to being told I have 60,100 miles on my vehicle, which means they can't cover that repair because I’m 100 miles over the warranty. The dashboard has started to crack after the recall for the engine and yet again I was told it couldn't be replaced because the vehicle is 5 years old. When does the 100,000 mile warranty come into effect? Every time I try to address the many issues I've had over the years with this vehicle, it seems they would rather talk me into buying another one. My question to them is....why would I purchase another Hyundai when my issues are not even solved with the one I have?

- bredding_52@yahoo., Oldsmar, US