- October 17: RECALL: Hyundai Kona Electric Fires: Park Away From Structures recalls | 3 days ago
- October 13: ZF Airbag Lawsuit Includes 15 Million Vehicles news | 7 days ago
- September 11: Hyundai Tucson Recall Caused By 12 Fires recalls | 39 days ago
- September 3: Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Engine Fires Cause Recall recalls | 47 days ago
- August 26: Hyundai ABS Module Recall Failed, Says Lawsuit news | 55 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
Body / Paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Body / Paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Paint Peeling28
- Clear Coat Peeling6
- Water Leaking Into Interior2
- Minor Collision, Car Fell Apart1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body51
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 4
- NHTSA: Structure3
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Trunk Lid 2
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.