- January 24: Hyundai Recalls Azera and Sonata For Fire Dangers recalls | 24 days ago
- January 24: Appeals Court Overturns $395 Million Hyundai/Kia Settlements news | 24 days ago
- January 7: Hyundai Engine Lawsuit Names Sonata, Tucson and Santa Fe news | 41 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 51 days ago
- December 25: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe Sports to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 54 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 4)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 10 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 52,909 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.