- November 29: Hyundai and Kia Fires Cost Automakers Another $137 Million news | 4 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Veracruz Valve Cover Gasket Recall: Take #2 recalls | 11 days ago
- November 11: Hyundai Ioniq Class Action Lawsuit Includes SE, SEL, Limited news | 22 days ago
- October 25: Hyundai Elantra Lawsuit Settlement Reached Over Engines news | 39 days ago
- October 17: RECALL: Hyundai Kona Electric Fires: Park Away From Structures recalls | 47 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Brakes Not Working Properly5
- Brake Noise3
- Esc Light On1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes116
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control61
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic21
- NHTSA: Traction Control System4
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric3
- NHTSA: Parking Brake1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: Disc: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.