- November 14: Hyundai Sonata Brake Lawsuit Will Not Stop news | 4 days ago
- October 29: Sunroof Airbags May One Day Protect You in Rollover Crashes news | 20 days ago
- October 28: Investigation Closed Into Hyundai Sonata Seat Belt Problems investigations | 21 days ago
- October 19: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas and Sonata Hybrids For 2nd Time recalls | 30 days ago
- October 5: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe SUVs That May Need New Engines recalls | 44 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
Worst 2011 Sonata brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- brakes not working properly5
- brake noise2
- esc light on1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes62
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control30
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic21
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric3
- NHTSA: Traction Control System2
- NHTSA: Parking Brake1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.