- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 17 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 37 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 41 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 49 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 70 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Brakes Not Working Properly5
- Brake Noise2
- Esc Light On1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes83
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control40
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic21
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric3
- NHTSA: Traction Control System2
- NHTSA: Parking Brake1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.