- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 29 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 36 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 45 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 57 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 62 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- brakes not working properly5
- brake noise2
- esc light on1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes82
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control39
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic21
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric3
- NHTSA: Traction Control System2
- NHTSA: Parking Brake1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.