- October 19: Hyundai Smart Trunk Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 1 days ago
- October 18: Hyundai Kia Settlement Reached In Car Fires Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- September 17: Hyundai Elantra Engine Lawsuit Dismissed news | 33 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Cause 11 Class Action Lawsuits news | 54 days ago
- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 64 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Brakes Not Working Properly5
- Brake Noise2
- Esc Light On1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes107
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control57
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic21
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric3
- NHTSA: Traction Control System3
- NHTSA: Parking Brake1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.