- January 17: Hyundai Engine Warranty Extension For Sonata, Santa Fe Sport news | 2 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Replacement Recalls May Have Failed recalls | 2 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 27 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 56 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Brakes Not Working Properly5
- Brake Noise2
- Esc Light On1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes91
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control49
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic21
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric3
- NHTSA: Traction Control System2
- NHTSA: Parking Brake1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.