- October 18: Hyundai and Kia Car Fires Get the Attention of Congress news | 6 days ago
- October 14: Hyundai Kia Fire Recall Needed, Says Safety Group news | 10 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 57 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 68 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 87 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Brakes Not Working Properly5
- Brake Noise2
- Esc Light On1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes87
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control44
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic21
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric3
- NHTSA: Traction Control System2
- NHTSA: Parking Brake1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.