- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 24 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 53 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Sonata Engine Failure Lawsuit news | 55 days ago
- November 9: Hyundai and Kia Vehicle Fires Put on Back Burner news | 68 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Lights Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Bulbs Burned Out11
- Tail Lights Overheated7
- Brake & Tail Lights Faulty6
- Brake Light Housing Loose4
- Headlights Flicker When Using Signal4
- Headlights Stopped Working3
- Brake Lights Stopped Working2
- Brake Lights Dim, Then Failed1
- Brake Lights Stay On1
- Glare, Hard To See Corners1
- Headlights Not Bright Enough1
- Headlights Sometimes Flicker Off When Making A Turn1
- Parking Lights Do Not Turn Off1
- Retail Light Assembles Broken1
- Reverse Lights Not Working1
- Turn Signals Not Working Properly1
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting149
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Brake Lights9
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Brake Lights: Switch7
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Headlights6
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Tail Lights2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.