- October 17: RECALL: Hyundai Kona Electric Fires: Park Away From Structures recalls | 3 days ago
- October 13: ZF Airbag Lawsuit Includes 15 Million Vehicles news | 7 days ago
- September 11: Hyundai Tucson Recall Caused By 12 Fires recalls | 39 days ago
- September 3: Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Engine Fires Cause Recall recalls | 47 days ago
- August 26: Hyundai ABS Module Recall Failed, Says Lawsuit news | 55 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Lights Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Bulbs Burned Out11
- Brake & Tail Lights Faulty8
- Tail Lights Overheated7
- Brake Light Housing Loose4
- Headlights Flicker When Using Signal4
- Headlights Stopped Working3
- Brake Lights Stopped Working2
- Brake Lights Dim, Then Failed1
- Brake Lights Stay On1
- Glare, Hard To See Corners1
- Headlights Not Bright Enough1
- Headlights Sometimes Flicker Off When Making A Turn1
- Parking Lights Do Not Turn Off1
- Retail Light Assembles Broken1
- Reverse Lights Not Working1
- Turn Signals Not Working Properly1
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting184
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Brake Lights11
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Brake Lights: Switch7
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Headlights6
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Tail Lights3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.