- November 22: Hyundai Veracruz Valve Cover Gasket Recall: Take #2 recalls | 3 days ago
- November 11: Hyundai Ioniq Class Action Lawsuit Includes SE, SEL, Limited news | 14 days ago
- October 25: Hyundai Elantra Lawsuit Settlement Reached Over Engines news | 31 days ago
- October 17: RECALL: Hyundai Kona Electric Fires: Park Away From Structures recalls | 39 days ago
- October 13: ZF Airbag Lawsuit Includes 15 Million Vehicles news | 43 days ago
Hyundai Recall 136: Brake Pedal Stopper Pad Deterioration
2011 Hyundai Sonata
If the brake light switch plunger does not retract as it should when the brake pedal is not being pressed, the brake lights may stay illuminated preventing accurate communication to rearward following vehicles that the vehicle is slowing or stopping. Additionally, if the brake switch plunger is not retracted, then the transmission can be shifted out of PARK without depressing the brake pedal. Either condition increases the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Switches — Brake Light
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain model 2011-2012 Sonata vehicles. The brake pedal stopper pad can deteriorate allowing the brake light switch plunger to remain extended when the brake pedal is released.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake pedal stopper pad with an improved part, free of charge. The recall began on January 6, 2016. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-671-3059. Hyundai's number for this recall is 136.
- Documents (12)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: December 28, 2015 SUBJECT: Recall Campaign 136 – 2011 – 2012 Sonata Stop Lamp Switch Stopper Pad (TSB# 15-01-056)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 28, 2015 Subject: Recall Campaign 136: 2011-2012 Sonata Stop Lamp Switch Stopper Pad
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
Click a tab for more information.