- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 24 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 53 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Sonata Engine Failure Lawsuit news | 55 days ago
- November 9: Hyundai and Kia Vehicle Fires Put on Back Burner news | 68 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
Seat Belts / Air Bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Seat Belts / Air Bags Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Air Bag Warning Light On26
- Air Bags Did Not Deploy2
- Seat Belt Disconnected From Door Panel1
- Seat Belt Doesn't Retract1
- Seat Belt Engagement Failure1
- NHTSA: Air Bags289
- NHTSA: Seat Belts57
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Pretensioner4
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.