- September 17: Hyundai Elantra Engine Lawsuit Dismissed news | 29 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Cause 11 Class Action Lawsuits news | 50 days ago
- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 60 days ago
- August 11: Hyundai Santa Fe 'Hesitation on Acceleration' Lawsuit Survives news | 66 days ago
- July 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Recalled Over Fire Risk recalls | 77 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
Seat Belts / Air Bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Seat Belts / Air Bags Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Air Bag Warning Light On27
- Air Bags Did Not Deploy2
- Seat Belt Disconnected From Door Panel1
- Seat Belt Doesn't Retract1
- Seat Belt Engagement Failure1
- NHTSA: Air Bags331
- NHTSA: Seat Belts78
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Pretensioner4
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Clockspring1
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.