- January 7: Hyundai Engine Lawsuit Names Sonata, Tucson and Santa Fe news | 9 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 19 days ago
- December 25: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe Sports to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 22 days ago
- December 14: Hyundai Elantra Brake Light Switch Recall For 390,400 Cars recalls | 33 days ago
- November 14: Hyundai Sonata Brake Lawsuit Will Not Stop news | 63 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
Worst 2011 Sonata steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- clicking noise when turning71
- shakes/wobbles and clicks44
- thumping noise over bumps9
- needs new steering column6
- pulls to the side during acceleration5
- play in steering after recall fix3
- steering knuckle failure3
- power steering stopped working1
- steering wheel rattles while steering1
- NHTSA: Steering853
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box: Shaft Sector4
- NHTSA: Steering: Electric Power Assist System1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.