- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 6 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 15 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 27 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 32 days ago
- January 24: Hyundai Recalls Azera and Sonata For Fire Dangers recalls | 58 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- clicking noise when turning71
- shakes/wobbles and clicks44
- thumping noise over bumps9
- needs new steering column6
- pulls to the side during acceleration5
- play in steering after recall fix4
- steering knuckle failure3
- power steering stopped working1
- steering wheel rattles while steering1
- NHTSA: Steering977
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box: Shaft Sector4
- NHTSA: Steering: Electric Power Assist System1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.