- June 13: Genesis GV80 Class Action Lawsuit Says SUVs Vibrate news | 3 days ago
- May 15: Hyundai Kia Engine Defect Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 32 days ago
- May 14: Hyundai Elantra Class Action Lawsuit Settled news | 33 days ago
- May 6: Hyundai Recalls 2021 Elantra For Seatback Problems recalls | 41 days ago
- May 5: Hyundai Nu Engine Recall Ordered Over Piston Oil Rings recalls | 42 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Clicking Noise When Turning74
- Shakes/Wobbles And Clicks44
- Thumping Noise Over Bumps10
- Needs New Steering Column6
- Play In Steering After Recall Fix5
- Pulls To The Side During Acceleration5
- Steering Knuckle Failure3
- Power Steering Stopped Working1
- Steering Wheel Rattles While Steering1
- NHTSA: Steering1127
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box: Shaft Sector4
- NHTSA: Steering: Electric Power Assist System2
- NHTSA: Steering: Column1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.