- November 9: Hyundai and Kia Vehicle Fires Put on Back Burner news | 5 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids and Ioniq Plug-In Hybrids recalls | 15 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai Santa Fe Recall Ordered Over Damaged Airbags recalls | 15 days ago
- October 18: Hyundai and Kia Car Fires Get the Attention of Congress news | 27 days ago
- October 14: Hyundai Kia Fire Recall Needed, Says Safety Group news | 31 days ago
Clicking Noise When Turning
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 72,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 72 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace steering coupling (38 reports)
- not sure (26 reports)
- replace steering column (3 reports)
- replace bushing (2 reports)
- replace intermediate steering shaft/rack (2 reports)
- replace tie rods, axles and an alignment (1 reports)