- December 6: Hyundai Palisade Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 2 days ago
- November 3: Hyundai Exploding Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Expanded recalls | 35 days ago
- November 1: Hyundai Recalls 2018 Santa Fe Sports After 4 Fires recalls | 37 days ago
- October 31: GM, Hyundai and Kia Sued Over Exploding ARC Airbag Inflators news | 38 days ago
- October 15: Hyundai 8-Speed Transmission Recall Issued After 230 Incidents recalls | 54 days ago
Clicking Noise When Turning
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 72,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 74 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace steering coupling (39 reports)
- not sure (26 reports)
- replace bushing (3 reports)
- replace steering column (3 reports)
- replace intermediate steering shaft/rack (2 reports)
- replace tie rods, axles and an alignment (1 reports)