- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 6 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 15 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 27 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 32 days ago
- January 24: Hyundai Recalls Azera and Sonata For Fire Dangers recalls | 58 days ago
Clicking Noise When Turning
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 2 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 71,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 71 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace steering coupling (37 reports)
- not sure (26 reports)
- replace steering column (3 reports)
- replace bushing (2 reports)
- replace intermediate steering shaft/rack (2 reports)
- replace tie rods, axles and an alignment (1 reports)