- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 50 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 70 days ago
Clicking Noise When Turning
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 2 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 71,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 71 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace steering coupling (37 reports)
- not sure (26 reports)
- replace steering column (3 reports)
- replace bushing (2 reports)
- replace intermediate steering shaft/rack (2 reports)
- replace tie rods, axles and an alignment (1 reports)