- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 7 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 16 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 28 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 33 days ago
- January 24: Hyundai Recalls Azera and Sonata For Fire Dangers recalls | 59 days ago
Clunking/ Rattling Sound
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 11 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (9 reports)
- repair of boot (2 reports)