- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 16 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Sonata Engine Failure Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- November 9: Hyundai and Kia Vehicle Fires Put on Back Burner news | 31 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids and Ioniq Plug-In Hybrids recalls | 41 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai Santa Fe Recall Ordered Over Damaged Airbags recalls | 41 days ago
Clunking/ Rattling Sound
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 11 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (9 reports)
- repair of boot (2 reports)