- December 4: Hyundai Engine Recall For Gamma, Nu and Theta II Engines recalls | 1 days ago
- November 29: Hyundai and Kia Fires Cost Automakers Another $137 Million news | 6 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Veracruz Valve Cover Gasket Recall: Take #2 recalls | 13 days ago
- November 11: Hyundai Ioniq Class Action Lawsuit Includes SE, SEL, Limited news | 24 days ago
- October 25: Hyundai Elantra Lawsuit Settlement Reached Over Engines news | 41 days ago
Clunking/ Rattling Sound
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 112,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 12 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (10 reports)
- repair of boot (2 reports)