- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 7 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 11 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 19 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 40 days ago
- April 26: Hyundai Recalls 580,000 Sonatas For Deadly Airbag Problems recalls | 54 days ago
Clunking/ Rattling Sound
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 11 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (9 reports)
- repair of boot (2 reports)