$4,166.00

1. replace the wiring harness (1 reports)
2017 Hyundai Tucson electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Hyundai Tucson:

2017 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Oct 152017

Tucson ES

I got in my car Sunday morning to drive 500 miles home from OK City. When I started the car a lot of the warning lights on the dash came on and would not go off. I also had a warning message on my navigation screen that there was an issue with my electrical system that I needed to have checked at my convenience. I called the Bluelink people to see if it was safe to drive the vehicle since I had a long drive ahead of me. They said since the warning says "at your convenience" it is not urgent and yes I can drive it. I made an appointment to take my car into the Hyundai dealer the following Monday. Took the car in and was given a rental. A few hours later they called me and said that the engine wiring harness,battery cover, LT ABS sensor and washer hose to windshield all needed replacing because rodents had been eating them! They also said this is not covered by the factory warranty and that I needed to contact my insurance company and also return the rental because they would not pay for it. My car only has 6000 miles on it! It's parked in my garage at home every night and we do not have rodents in our garage. I have cats inside and outside, we've lived in this house for 27+ years and, we do not have rodents!! They either got in while I was parked at work or when I was out of town. They work extremely fast and can mess up a car overnight! After doing some research to my horror I find out that auto makers are using soy based insulation on the wiring in cars along with other soy based things like carpet, fabric etc. The repairs will cost me my deductible of $500. and my insurance the balance $3665. And of course my premiums will probably increase because of this claim. Plus, to make matters worse they are replacing the wiring harness and other parts with the same soy materials! Which means it could happen again and again!! How can something like this not be covered by the factory warranty? We had no choice in the matter these are defective wiring harnesses that attract rodents!! It's not like you can request a vehicle that does not use the soy products. I haven't been able to find an auto manufacturer that doesn't use the soy "bio-plastics" in their vehicles. If I do I will certainly buy it!

- , Buda, US