- October 5: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe SUVs That May Need New Engines recalls | 12 days ago
- September 19: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Electric Cars To Prevent Stalling recalls | 28 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai 'Smart Trunk' Lawsuit Says Trunks Don't Fully Open news | 50 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai Elantra, Santa Fe and Sonata Peeling Paint Lawsuit is Over news | 51 days ago
- July 31: Hyundai Soy-Based Wiring Lawsuit Says Rodents Damage Vehicles news | 78 days ago
2017 Hyundai Tucson
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2017 Hyundai Tucson
Official recalls have been issued for the 2017 Hyundai Tucson by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Hyundai service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Hyundai customer service.
2017 Hyundai Tucson ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING, TRAILER HITCHES NHTSA Campaign #16V842000
Summary: Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 Tucson vehicles manufactured May 19, 2015, to November 14, 2016, and 2017 Santa Fe vehicles manufactured November 28, 2015, to November 14, 2016. The affected vehicles may be equipped with an accessory trailer hitch wiring harness that, due to a malfunction of the tow hitch module, may result, in the trailer brake lights being constantly illuminated. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, " Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
Consequence: If the trailer brake lights stay illuminated while being used, other drivers may be confused, increasing the risk of a crash.
Actions: Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected accessory trailer hitch wiring harnesses, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 13, 2017. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-800-633-5151. Hyundai's number for this recall is 153. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V842000 »