2010 Hyundai Veracruz drivetrain NHTSA complaints: Power Train

NHTSA — Power Train Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Veracruz has a very small trend of complaints about the valve gaskets leaking oil onto the alternator, which is similar to prior model years and was covered in a 2014 recall.

Other than that, there are no major problems reported for the Veracruz on our site or to the NHTSA. Seems like it's a very good, reliable vehicle.

2.3

2010 Hyundai Veracruz drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Veracruz:

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Owner Comments

Aug 222011

Veracruz

My 2010 Hyundai Veracruz had an oil leak. Since the alternator is on bottom of the engine, the oil valves leaked undetected onto the alternator causing it to short out. The vehicle locked up and I could not steer it. Thank god I wasn't driving fast and was able to coast into a parking lot where I finally came to a stop. I could not put the vehicle into park, the gear shift would only go into neutral. As a result, I had to use the safety brake to keep the vehicle from rolling back.

- Alexander City, AL, USA