- April 1: Chrysler 'Pentastar Tick' Lawsuit Says Warranty Is Faulty news | 3 days ago
- March 30: Jeep Hacking Lawsuit Dismissed news | 5 days ago
- March 12: Jeep Clutch Pressure Plate Recall For Wranglers, Gladiators recalls | 23 days ago
- March 11: Jeep 'Death Wobble' Class Action Lawsuit Filed in California news | 24 days ago
- March 6: Chrysler Active Headrest Lawsuit Blames Cheap Plastic news | 29 days ago
Jeep Defect Investigation AQ17004: Northwest Chrysler Jeep Dodge Sale Issue
2017 Jeep Compass
Northwest Chrysler Jeep Dodge Sale Issue
Power Train:Axle Assembly:Axle Shaft
- NHTSA is opening this audit query in order to determine whether Northwest Chrysler Jeep Dodge, of Houston, Texas, has complied with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.The Safety Act requires, among other things, that a manufacturer notify its dealers of defects related to motor vehicle safety and noncompliances with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and, in turn, that a dealer not sell a new vehicle subject to a recall unless the recall remedy has been performed. 49 U.S.C. § 30120(i).NHTSA is in receipt of information that alleges this dealer sold and delivered at least one new vehicle to a first purchaser without having remedied safety defects.Accordingly, we are opening this audit query to seek information concerning these allegations and to verify whether improper sales were made.The recall included in this audit is NHTSA recall No. 17V-301.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.