- June 15: 2018 Jeep Wranglers Recalled For Loss of Steering recalls | 4 days ago
- June 15: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Recall Issued For Engine Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- May 25: Chrysler Recalls Nearly 5 Million Vehicles For Cruise Control Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- May 22: Transmission Park Lock Rods Cause FCA Recall recalls | 28 days ago
- May 22: 2018 Jeep Compass SUVs Recalled To Replace Control Arms recalls | 28 days ago
Jeep Recall T26: Halfshaft May Disengage/Loss Of Drive
2017 Jeep Compass
If the left front halfshaft disengages or breaks, the vehicle will have a loss of drive. Additionally, if the vehicle is parked without using the parking brake, the vehicle may roll, despite being in 'Park.' Either condition may increase the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Axle Assembly — Axle Shaft
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2017 Jeep Compass vehicles equipped with a 6-speed transmission. The left front halfshaft may not be properly seated, and, as a result, it may disengage from the transmission and/or break.
- Chrysler will notify owners, dealers will inspect the left front halfshaft for engagement and replace any that are not properly engaged in the transmission, free of charge. The recall began on June 12, 2017. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T26.
- Documents (14)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 05/10/2017 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T2605102017
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - June 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
Click a tab for more information.