- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 7 days ago
- August 12: 2016 Jeep Cherokee Transmission Problems Heard in Court news | 12 days ago
- August 2: Jeep Wrangler Right-Hand-Drive SUVs Under Investigation investigations | 22 days ago
- July 10: Jeep Cherokees Recalled To Keep The Airbags Working recalls | 45 days ago
- July 6: Chrysler Recalls 2014 Jeep Cherokees For Transmission Problems recalls | 49 days ago
Jeep Recall T26: Halfshaft May Disengage/Loss Of Drive
2017 Jeep Compass
If the left front halfshaft disengages or breaks, the vehicle will have a loss of drive. Additionally, if the vehicle is parked without using the parking brake, the vehicle may roll, despite being in 'Park.' Either condition may increase the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Axle Assembly — Axle Shaft
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2017 Jeep Compass vehicles equipped with a 6-speed transmission. The left front halfshaft may not be properly seated, and, as a result, it may disengage from the transmission and/or break.
- Chrysler will notify owners, dealers will inspect the left front halfshaft for engagement and replace any that are not properly engaged in the transmission, free of charge. The recall began on June 12, 2017. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T26.
- Documents (14)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 05/10/2017 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T2605102017
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - June 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
Click a tab for more information.