- September 2: Rearview Camera Recall For Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500 recalls | 28 days ago
- August 7: Jeep Grand Cherokees Recalled Over Tail Lights recalls | 54 days ago
- August 2: Chrysler Camshaft and Crankshaft Sensor Recall Investigated investigations | 59 days ago
- July 27: Jeep Cherokee Water Leak Recall May Be Necessary investigations | 65 days ago
- July 25: Chrysler Infotainment System Hacking Lawsuit is Over news | 67 days ago
Jeep Recall T70: Instrument Brightness Not Adjustable/FMVSS 101
2018 Jeep Compass
An instrument cluster that is too bright, and cannot be dimmed, can reduce the driver's ability to see at night, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Instrument Cluster/Panel
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2017-2018 Jeep Compass vehicles. The brightness of the backlighting for the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) cannot be adjusted. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 101, "Controls and Displays."
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will update IPC software, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began December 8, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T70.
- Documents (6)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 101
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - December 2017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2017 8:32 AM Subject: FCA - Safety Recall T70 / NHTSA 17V-740 - Instrument Panel Cluster Software Update
Click a tab for more information.