- March 13: FCA Emissions Recall Includes 863,000 Vehicles recalls | 11 days ago
- March 7: Jeep Cherokee Recall To Replace Instrument Clusters recalls | 17 days ago
- January 29: Chrysler Uconnect Hacking Lawsuit Headed For Trial news | 54 days ago
- January 26: Extended Warranty Lawsuit Says Jeep Warranty Is 'Useless' news | 57 days ago
- January 24: Chrysler Active Head Restraint System Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 59 days ago
Jeep Recall T70: Instrument Brightness Not Adjustable/FMVSS 101
2018 Jeep Compass
An instrument cluster that is too bright, and cannot be dimmed, can reduce the driver's ability to see at night, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Instrument Panel
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2017-2018 Jeep Compass vehicles. The brightness of the backlighting for the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) cannot be adjusted. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 101, "Controls and Displays."
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will update IPC software, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began December 8, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T70.
- Documents (6)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 101
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - December 2017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2017 8:32 AM Subject: FCA - Safety Recall T70 / NHTSA 17V-740 - Instrument Panel Cluster Software Update
Click a tab for more information.