- February 4: Jeep Clutch Pressure Plates Causing Fires recalls | 21 days ago
- January 13: Jeep Renegade Cooling Fan Lawsuit Dismissed news | 43 days ago
- December 14: Chrysler Headrest Lawsuit Certified as a Class Action news | 73 days ago
- December 13: Chrysler Lifetime Warranty Lawsuit Dismissal Requested news | 74 days ago
Jeep Recall U42: Lower Control Arm Separation
2018 Jeep Compass
If the lower control arm separates, it can cause a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Front — Control Arm — Lower Arm
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018 Jeep Compass vehicles. The front lower control arms may be incorrectly welded, potentially resulting in a control arm separation.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the front lower control arms, free of charge. The recall began May 31, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U42.
- Documents (13)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 05/08/2018 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – U42
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- U42 Fleet Communication
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - May 2018
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised June 2018
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.