- December 6: Jeep Compass 'Coolant Temperature Too High' Warnings Investigated investigations | 2 days ago
- December 3: Jeep Wrangler 4xe Recall Says SUVs Suddenly Shut Down recalls | 5 days ago
- November 27: Jeep Wrangler 4xe Class Action Lawsuit Down to 2 States news | 11 days ago
- November 27: FCA Recalls Ram 1500, Jeep Gladiator and Jeep Wrangler recalls | 11 days ago
- November 19: Jeep Sway Bar Disconnect Class Action Lawsuit Says Systems Faulty news | 19 days ago
Jeep Recall U42: Lower Control Arm Separation
2018 Jeep Compass
If the lower control arm separates, it can cause a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Front — Control Arm — Lower Arm
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018 Jeep Compass vehicles. The front lower control arms may be incorrectly welded, potentially resulting in a control arm separation.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the front lower control arms, free of charge. The recall began May 31, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U42.
- Documents (13)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 05/08/2018 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – U42
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- U42 Fleet Communication
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - May 2018
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised June 2018
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.