- October 13: Chrysler Recalls 470,000 Cars and SUVs to Fix Head Restraint Issues recalls | 3 days ago
- October 11: Ohio Woman Dies in Fiery Jeep Liberty Rear-End Crash news | 5 days ago
- October 11: Consumer Groups Take Aim at CarMax Over Recalled Cars news | 5 days ago
- October 2: Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVs Recalled for Second Time recalls | 14 days ago
- September 24: Jeep Wrangler Radiator Sludge Lawsuit Says Sand Causes Damage news | 22 days ago
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Worst 1996 Grand Cherokee drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- differential failed1
- u joints went bad1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit16
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly14
- NHTSA: Power Train13
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)8
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Hubs1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Center Support Bearing1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Constant Velocity Joint1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Grand Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 1996 Grand Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Grand Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Cherokee.