- August 7: Jeep Grand Cherokees Recalled Over Tail Lights recalls | 10 days ago
- August 2: Chrysler Camshaft and Crankshaft Sensor Recall Investigated investigations | 15 days ago
- July 27: Jeep Cherokee Water Leak Recall May Be Necessary investigations | 21 days ago
- July 25: Chrysler Infotainment System Hacking Lawsuit is Over news | 23 days ago
- June 22: 2022 Jeep Wrangler Tipped Over During Small Overlap Crash Test news | 56 days ago
Jeep Recall B02: Daimlerchrysler/Inadvertent Vehicle Movement
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Inadvertent movement of the vehicle could result in a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Lever And Linkage — Floor Shift
- On certain sport utility vehicles, if a driver has not placed the shifter lever fully into the "park" position and leaves the vehicle running, the vehicle may unexpectedly move rearward after seeming to be stable.
- Dealers will install a secondary detent system to the floor shifter assembly. DaimlerChrysler sent interim notices to owners concerning this problem on March 22, 2002. Owner notification began September 23, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.