- July 27: Jeep Compass Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- June 28: Chrysler Monostable Gear Shifter Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 36 days ago
- June 21: Mahindra ROXOR Too Much Like a Jeep Wrangler: ITC news | 43 days ago
- June 19: Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 45 days ago
- June 8: Chrysler Oil Consumption Lawsuit Targets Tigershark Engines news | 56 days ago
Jeep Engineering Analysis EA01017: ROLL-AWAY IN REVERSE WHEN PARKED
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
ROLL-AWAY IN REVERSE WHEN PARKED
- DaimlerChrysler has recalled the zj models to incorporate a secondary detent spring into the shifter.even though the wj 6 cyl. Vehicles use the same manual detent lever that as the vehicles in the recall population, ODI believes that the wj redesigned shifter, which improves floor shifter functionality and ergonomics, helps to provide feedback to the driver to indicate whether ┐park┐ has or has not been achieved.although the investigator was able to induce a ┐false park┐ in the wj platform for 6 cyl. Vehicles, the level of difficulty was greater than that required for all zj models, and the complaint rate was significantly lower than the recalled zj population.further, the ODI investigator was also able to create a ┐false park┐ in peer vehicles with the same level of difficulty and frequency as the subject vehicle wj platform.the wj complaint rate was inflated due to national exposure through the press. The complaint rate prier to the July 5, 2001 media coverage for the wj vehicles is similar to the peer vehicle incident rate.based on the above, a safety-related defect trend has not been identified at this time in the wj population.accordingly, this investigation is closed with a safety recal for the "zj" platform only.
- Documents (11)
Click a tab for more information.