- December 2: Chrysler 9-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Awaits Final Settlement news | 16 days ago
- November 28: Chrysler Prevails in Jeep Wrangler Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- November 22: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Jeep Wranglers Over Door Latches recalls | 26 days ago
- November 21: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Frame Welds Should Be Investigated: Petition investigations | 27 days ago
- November 14: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Clock Spring Recall May Be Needed news | 34 days ago
Jeep Recall 978: Daimlerchrysler/FMVSS 209/Retractor
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
If the retractor does not work properly, it will not adequately protect occupants in the event of a crash.
Seat Belts — Front — Retractor
- Vehicle description: Certain van, wagon, pickup trucks, passenger and sport utility vehicles, fail to comply with requirements of FMVSS no. 209, "seat belt assemblies." The front seat belt retractor may not comply with the requirements of the standard.
- Dealers will replace the seat belt retractor. Owner notification began August 20, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.