- October 16: Jeep Wrangler Recall: Track Bar Brackets Separate From Frames recalls | 4 days ago
- October 1: EcoDiesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Chrysler Vehicles Are Illegal news | 19 days ago
- September 29: Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Lawsuit Filed news | 21 days ago
- September 16: Jeep Cherokee 9-Speed Transmission Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 34 days ago
- August 30: ROXOR vs. Jeep? Mahindra Says Comparisons Shouldn't Be Made news | 51 days ago
Jeep Recall A10: Daimlerchrysler/FMVSS 301/Orvr
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source can result in a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Certain sport utility vehicles equipped with a fuel tank brush guard fail to comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 301, "fuel system integrity." The onboard refueling vapor recovery (orvr) control valve can become detached during a crash, allowing fuel leakage.
- Dealers will either replace the fuel tank brush guard with a skid plate or reinforce the existing fuel tank brush guard with a reinforcement bracket. Owner notification will begin March 4, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.