- March 17: Remington Walden Lawsuit Award of $40 Million Upheld news | 39 days ago
- March 12: Jeep Wrangler HVAC Problems Rampant, Says Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- March 6: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Renegades For Stalling Risk recalls | 50 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 54 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler 9-Speed ZF 9HP Transmission Lawsuit Nearly Settled news | 54 days ago
Jeep Recall A10: Daimlerchrysler/FMVSS 301/Orvr
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source can result in a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Certain sport utility vehicles equipped with a fuel tank brush guard fail to comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 301, "fuel system integrity." The onboard refueling vapor recovery (orvr) control valve can become detached during a crash, allowing fuel leakage.
- Dealers will either replace the fuel tank brush guard with a skid plate or reinforce the existing fuel tank brush guard with a reinforcement bracket. Owner notification will begin March 4, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.