- July 10: Jeep Cherokees Recalled To Keep The Airbags Working recalls | 6 days ago
- July 6: Chrysler Recalls 2014 Jeep Cherokees For Transmission Problems recalls | 10 days ago
- July 5: Chrysler Recalls 2019 Jeep Renegades With Upland Trim recalls | 11 days ago
- June 15: Jeep Wrangler 'Death Wobble' Lawsuit Blames Steering Dampers news | 31 days ago
- May 28: Wrongful Death Lawsuit Blames 2007 Jeep Wrangler Design news | 49 days ago
Jeep Recall A10: Daimlerchrysler/FMVSS 301/Orvr
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source can result in a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Certain sport utility vehicles equipped with a fuel tank brush guard fail to comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 301, "fuel system integrity." The onboard refueling vapor recovery (orvr) control valve can become detached during a crash, allowing fuel leakage.
- Dealers will either replace the fuel tank brush guard with a skid plate or reinforce the existing fuel tank brush guard with a reinforcement bracket. Owner notification will begin March 4, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.