- December 2: Chrysler 9-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Awaits Final Settlement news | 15 days ago
- November 28: Chrysler Prevails in Jeep Wrangler Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- November 22: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Jeep Wranglers Over Door Latches recalls | 25 days ago
- November 21: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Frame Welds Should Be Investigated: Petition investigations | 26 days ago
- November 14: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Clock Spring Recall May Be Needed news | 33 days ago
Jeep Recall A10: Daimlerchrysler/FMVSS 301/Orvr
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source can result in a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Certain sport utility vehicles equipped with a fuel tank brush guard fail to comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 301, "fuel system integrity." The onboard refueling vapor recovery (orvr) control valve can become detached during a crash, allowing fuel leakage.
- Dealers will either replace the fuel tank brush guard with a skid plate or reinforce the existing fuel tank brush guard with a reinforcement bracket. Owner notification will begin March 4, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.