CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 (and 2015) Jeep Grand Cherokee have a serious defect trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.

4.0

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jun 022018

Grand Cherokee 3.6L-Liter V624

click to see larger images

interior panel separating interior panel separating

I own a 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo. This summer (2018), the rear hatch (lift gate) area interior panel (right, left and upper) gradually began loosening (separating). These areas are currently held in place with tape. I recently visited a mechanic shop and after inspection of one area - showing me the clip; and trying to reinsert it, I was informed that the clips (fasteners) that were supposed to hold these areas in place weren’t holding. I was further informed that Efird Chrysler Jeep Dodge Service Staff had not secured (properly inserted the pins/clips) the areas after separating them to install the backup camera (in 2014) - resulting in the gradual dis-joining.

I revisited Efird and requested that they correct the problem; Efird declined stating that my warranty had expired (although, I informed that that I had not problem with the camera – the problem was with their negligence which should have no time limitation. Efird adamantly stated they were following Mopar 2-year policy and therefore could not assist me. I have never seen nor experienced the interior (rear) parts of a vehicle coming apart at seams.

I seldom use rear hatch, accordingly, I’m inquiring whether this problem resulted from normal deterioration, Efird negligence/carelessness during installation of backup camera, or a Chrysler’s manufacturing defect? Efird installed wrong part on my vehicle, I met with upper management and insist that my vehicle be put back in its original condition prior to their mishap and to compensate Efird offered to return initial payment and install a backup camera free of charge - I accepted. Efird was upset with me and me with them - that's why I'm wondering if pins/fastener gradually loosen because they were not cautious since I was not charged for the camera nor installation.

- roslynriggins, Darlington, US