- September 2: Rearview Camera Recall For Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500 recalls | 22 days ago
- August 7: Jeep Grand Cherokees Recalled Over Tail Lights recalls | 48 days ago
- August 2: Chrysler Camshaft and Crankshaft Sensor Recall Investigated investigations | 53 days ago
- July 27: Jeep Cherokee Water Leak Recall May Be Necessary investigations | 59 days ago
- July 25: Chrysler Infotainment System Hacking Lawsuit is Over news | 61 days ago
Jeep Recall W58: Crank Position Sensor Tone Wheel May Delaminate
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
An engine stall can increase the risk of a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine — Diesel
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2014-2018 Ram 1500 and 2014-2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles equipped with 3.0L diesel engines. The crankshaft position sensor tone wheel may delaminate causing the engine to lose its ability to synchronize the fuel injector pulses and cam shaft timing, possibly resulting in an engine stall.
- FCA US will notify owners, and dealers will update the powertrain control module software to maintain vehicle propulsion by reading the camshaft position signal in the event that the crankshaft position signal is lost, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed on May 13, 2021. Owners may contact FCA US customer service at 1-800-853-2002. FCA US's number for this recall is W58.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.