- May 29: Jeep Grand Cherokees Recalled Over Loss of Steering recalls | 8 days ago
- May 23: Jeep Windshield Lawsuit Alleges Glass Cracks and Breaks news | 14 days ago
- May 21: FCA Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Grand Cherokee L recalls | 16 days ago
- May 17: Jeep Cherokee Power Liftgate Recall Follows Fires recalls | 20 days ago
- May 10: Jeep Recalls Cherokees to Prevent Rollaway Incidents recalls | 27 days ago
2002 Jeep Liberty (Page 1 of 3)
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 130,050 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 52 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (37 reports)
- not sure (11 reports)
- repair engine parts (3 reports)
- new or used engine (1 reports)
- How To Make An 04-06 Jeep Liberty 3.7 Engine Work In An 02-03 Liberty - This Youtube vid describes how you or your mechanic can modify the later liberty 3.7's so they can work with the early vehicles. The 02 and 03 3.7 motors are inferior and do not last. Later motors are built better.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
This is the second time to replace this engine. They should have to recall this engine - it is a piece of crap.
The engine light is on. Window motors have to be replaced.
No wonder Chrysler went bankrupt. Every Chrysler product I have had has always had problems.
- Anthony C., Moorefield , WV, US