- June 15: 2018 Jeep Wranglers Recalled For Loss of Steering recalls | 8 days ago
- June 15: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Recall Issued For Engine Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- May 25: Chrysler Recalls Nearly 5 Million Vehicles For Cruise Control Problems recalls | 29 days ago
- May 22: Transmission Park Lock Rods Cause FCA Recall recalls | 32 days ago
- May 22: 2018 Jeep Compass SUVs Recalled To Replace Control Arms recalls | 32 days ago
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Jeep Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- seat belts / air bags problems18NHTSA complaints: 152
- electrical problems17NHTSA complaints: 78
- AC / heater problems11
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 10
- windows / windshield problems9NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 14
- engine problems5NHTSA complaints: 29
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 15
- transmission problems3
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- cooling system problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 17
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 15
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 11
- steering problemsNHTSA: 5
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.