- November 9: Jeep Wrangler Heater Core Replacement Lawsuit Challenged news | 10 days ago
- October 13: Chrysler Recalls 470,000 Cars and SUVs to Fix Head Restraint Issues recalls | 37 days ago
- October 11: Ohio Woman Dies in Fiery Jeep Liberty Rear-End Crash news | 39 days ago
- October 11: Consumer Groups Take Aim at CarMax Over Recalled Cars news | 39 days ago
- October 2: Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVs Recalled for Second Time recalls | 48 days ago
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- seat belts / air bags problems18NHTSA complaints: 108
- electrical problems13NHTSA complaints: 60
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems10
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems5NHTSA complaints: 23
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- transmission problems3
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- cooling system problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 9
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.