- October 13: Chrysler Recalls 470,000 Cars and SUVs to Fix Head Restraint Issues recalls | 9 days ago
- October 11: Ohio Woman Dies in Fiery Jeep Liberty Rear-End Crash news | 11 days ago
- October 11: Consumer Groups Take Aim at CarMax Over Recalled Cars news | 11 days ago
- October 2: Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVs Recalled for Second Time recalls | 20 days ago
- September 24: Jeep Wrangler Radiator Sludge Lawsuit Says Sand Causes Damage news | 28 days ago
2012 Jeep Liberty
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2012 Jeep Liberty
Official recalls have been issued for the 2012 Jeep Liberty by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Jeep service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Jeep customer service.
2012 Jeep Liberty ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, AIR BAGS NHTSA Campaign #13V282000
Summary: Chrysler is recalling certain model year 2011-2013 Sebring and 200 vehicles manufactured June 28, 2011, through December 13, 2012; model year 2011-2013 Dodge Avenger vehicles manufactured June 25, 2011, through January 14, 2013; model year 2011-2012 Dodge Nitro vehicles manufactured June 17, 2011, through December 15, 2011; and model year 2011-2012 Jeep Liberty vehicles manufactured June 17, 2011, through August 15, 2012. Electrical over-stress of a resistor in the occupant restraint control module may lead to the non-deployment of the active head restraints during a rear impact collision.
Consequence: In the event of a crash necessitating the deployment of the active head restraints, their non-deployment could increase the risk of injury.
Actions: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will flash the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) or replace the occupant restraint control module, as needed, free of charge. The recall began on November 19, 2013. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-247-9753. Chrysler's recall campaign number is N38. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #13V282000 »