- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 10 days ago
- February 5: FCA Fights Ram and Jeep Emissions 'Defeat Device' Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- February 4: Ram and Jeep Diesel Emissions Recall Forthcoming news | 20 days ago
- January 26: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawks For Fuel Lines recalls | 29 days ago
- January 19: Chrysler Recalls 317,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 36 days ago
2012 Jeep Liberty
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2012 Jeep Liberty
Official recalls have been issued for the 2012 Jeep Liberty by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Jeep service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Jeep customer service.
2012 Jeep Liberty ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, AIR BAGS NHTSA Campaign #13V282000
Summary: Chrysler is recalling certain model year 2011-2013 Sebring and 200 vehicles manufactured June 28, 2011, through December 13, 2012; model year 2011-2013 Dodge Avenger vehicles manufactured June 25, 2011, through January 14, 2013; model year 2011-2012 Dodge Nitro vehicles manufactured June 17, 2011, through December 15, 2011; and model year 2011-2012 Jeep Liberty vehicles manufactured June 17, 2011, through August 15, 2012. Electrical over-stress of a resistor in the occupant restraint control module may lead to the non-deployment of the active head restraints during a rear impact collision.
Consequence: In the event of a crash necessitating the deployment of the active head restraints, their non-deployment could increase the risk of injury.
Actions: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will flash the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) or replace the occupant restraint control module, as needed, free of charge. The recall began on November 19, 2013. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-247-9753. Chrysler's recall campaign number is N38. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #13V282000 »