8.0

$500

1. replace window (1 reports)
2017 Jeep Renegade windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Jeep Renegade:

2017 Jeep Renegade Owner Comments

Apr 252017

Renegade Limited 1.4L Turbo

My driver door window shattered after I jet washed it. It is only 6 months old for crying out loud!! I was in shock and other people present couldn't understand how this happened. Thank goodness I wasn't driving, or I could've been involved in an accident and injured myself and/or others!! Serious stuff. What was even more annoying was that after taking it to Jeep they came back saying that as the door mechanism worked OK the warranty would not cover the cost of the repairs!! Unbelievable! So, once I get it replaced and door resprayed (as there are scratches from the shattered glass) at my own expense..!! how do I ever take my Jeep Renegade back to the car wash without being scared to death one of my car windows/windshield will explode !!

VERY POOR SHOW Jeep !! Not only have you not honored the pathetic warranty you offer, but you are placing customers who have put their trust in you in danger, and you don't care one bit. What kind of low quality tempered glass are you using for these cars?? I still have some of the pieces of the glass and I am taking it to a lab for testing. Also will be going to the Consumer Rights and placing a formal complaint to Jeep.

I have a friend who had a problem with their Jeep car radio and it was replaced under warranty...the radio cost nearly £2000 pounds sterling. A door window is just a fraction of that, and much higher in the safety importance scale! And Jeep will not foot the bill under warraty?? Just goes to show what little value Jeep places on their customers....?!!

- Christine P., Gibraltar, Gibraltar