- January 13: Jeep Renegade Cooling Fan Lawsuit Dismissed news | 5 days ago
- December 14: Chrysler Headrest Lawsuit Certified as a Class Action news | 35 days ago
- December 13: Chrysler Lifetime Warranty Lawsuit Dismissal Requested news | 36 days ago
- November 21: Jeep Grand Cherokee EGR Cooler Recall For Fires recalls | 58 days ago
- November 18: Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Steering Issues recalls | 61 days ago
Jeep Recall U43: Incorrect Transmission Park Rods Installed
2018 Jeep Wrangler
If the incorrect park lock rod is installed, the transmission may not shift into 'PARK' and keep the vehicle from moving, increasing the risk of unintended vehicle movement and the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018 Dodge Charger, Durango and Challenger, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Wrangler, Chrysler 300, and RAM 1500 vehicles. An incorrect transmission park lock rod may have been installed in the transmission.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will install the correct park lock rod, free of charge. The recall began June 28, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U43.
- Documents (12)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 05/08/2018 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – U43
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - June 2018
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Renotification Representative Copy
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.