- October 3: Jeep Wrangler Right-Hand-Drive SUVs Recalled recalls | 17 days ago
- September 30: Chrysler Active Head Restraint Investigation Opened investigations | 20 days ago
- September 30: Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Class Action Lawsuit Transferred news | 20 days ago
- September 21: Jeep Wrangler Frame Problems Lead to Investigation investigations | 29 days ago
- September 19: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Seat Belts Not Retracting investigations | 31 days ago
Jeep Recall U48: Intermediate Steering Shaft May Split
2018 Jeep Wrangler
If the weld seam splits, the steering wheel may lose center positioning causing a loss of steering responsiveness and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018 Jeep Wrangler vehicles. The intermediate steering shaft may not have been properly welded causing a split where the external spline is formed.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, replace the intermediate steering shaft, free of charge. The recall began June 21, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U48.
Click a tab for more information.