- March 13: FCA Emissions Recall Includes 863,000 Vehicles recalls | 13 days ago
- March 7: Jeep Cherokee Recall To Replace Instrument Clusters recalls | 19 days ago
- January 29: Chrysler Uconnect Hacking Lawsuit Headed For Trial news | 56 days ago
- January 26: Extended Warranty Lawsuit Says Jeep Warranty Is 'Useless' news | 59 days ago
- January 24: Chrysler Active Head Restraint System Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 61 days ago
Jeep Recall U48: Intermediate Steering Shaft May Split
2018 Jeep Wrangler
If the weld seam splits, the steering wheel may lose center positioning causing a loss of steering responsiveness and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018 Jeep Wrangler vehicles. The intermediate steering shaft may not have been properly welded causing a split where the external spline is formed.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, replace the intermediate steering shaft, free of charge. The recall began June 21, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U48.
Click a tab for more information.