2018 Jeep Wrangler suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler:

2018 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Jan 012019

Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimted

This is my second time taking the Jeep to the dealership for the same issue. Like many others I am experiencing the death wobble issue. They replaced the steering stabilizer and sent me on my way. It didnt fix the issue and if anything made the wobble and steering far worse than it was. They again replaced the steering stabilizer and sent me on my way... I know this isnt going to fix the issue as it only made things worse. How could I POSSIBLY have 2 defective stabilizers? I guess we will see.

- firefly0434, Heath, US

Feb 042019

Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimted

This is my 3rd time taking the Jeep in for the same death wobble that FCA cant seem to fix or doesn't want to fix. The jeep shakes uncontrollably at freeway speeds they have already replaced my steering stabilizer 4 times which obviously does not fix the problem otherwise I wouldn't keep taking it in. At this point I am starting the process of filing the Lemon law on the vehicle.

- firefly0434, Heath, US

Sep 022018

Wrangler Sport

New 2018 Jeep Wrangler shakes uncontrollably at highway speeds when I hit a bump. There are a lot of bumps on the highways in upstate NY. When it happens I have to decrease my speed from 65 or 70 to less than 30 to get the shaking to stop. Had my local mechanic look at it. They don't have a clue. Have not been able to bring it into a dealer yet. It happens on every highway trip at least once, usually more than that. Definitely a problem for the other cars on the highway. I have not been rear ended yet but it's going to happen.

- William J., Edmeston, NY, US

Dec 182018

Wrangler Limited 3.2L V6

On the highway when I hit bridge seams or bumps the Jeep goes into a shaking pattern that makes it near to impossible to steer. You have to hit the brakes and slow down to about 40 MPH to get it to stop. Extremely dangerous and I fear the next bump will be the one to kill me. I drive the Massachusetts turnpike everyday and everyday it happens 3-4 times! They need to do something before someone ends up killed. I have driven Jeep vehicles since 1978 and I know this is not normal and simply replacing the steering rod does not get it done. It is awful and Jeep should be ashamed of itself.

- Deborah O., West Brookfield, US

Feb 272019

Wrangler Unlimited Sport S 3.6L V6

Was on the highway and crossed onto an overpass. Now, I've felt a slight wobble in the past when I've hit bumps on the highway, but this time It went into a full wobble at 75mph. The entire front end was shaking violently and the vehicle became unstable and hard to control. I slowed down to 50mph and finally, it subsided. When the person in back of me passed me, he was staring. I'm assuming the violent shaking was clearly visible to others. This vehicle is a month old w/1000 miles, so I called the dealer, but there was no recall. If there is nothing visibly out of order there is nothing they can do. I'm gonna force them to make a repair attempt. At least it will be covered under CT's Lemon Law.

- Salvatore R., Seymour, CT, US

Aug 062018

Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 3.6L V6

The death wobble has been worse since the dealership believe the fix was to install a new after-market stabilizer. The steering wheel will shake uncontrollably while on the highway when you hit a bump going anywhere from 65-80mph. Scary. The Jeep is going back in the day after Xmas.

- Chris F., Royal Oak, MI, US