- October 18: Hyundai Kia Settlement Reached In Car Fires Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- September 10: Kia Soul Fire Lawsuit Alleges Occupants Were Seriously Injured news | 40 days ago
- August 28: Kia Telluride Recall Ordered For Wrong Seat Belt Assemblies recalls | 53 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Cause 11 Class Action Lawsuits news | 54 days ago
- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 64 days ago
Kia Recall SC168: Electrical Resistance At Main Relay May Cause Fire
2017 Kia Niro
The increased electrical resistance can overheat the rear seat which is above the PRA, increasing the risk of a fire.
Hybrid Propulsion System
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Kia Niro hybrid electric vehicles. The Main Relay within the Power Relay Assembly (PRA) may have inadequate connections between its contacts, causing increased electrical resistance.
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the Power Relay Assembly (PRA) for damage. If no damage is found, the main relay will be replaced. If damage is found, the PRA will be replaced. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began November 23, 2018. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC168.
Click a tab for more information.