- October 14: Hyundai Kia Fire Recall Needed, Says Safety Group news | 4 days ago
- October 9: Kia Sorento Recall Issued Over Cowl Crossbars recalls | 9 days ago
- October 7: Kia Niro Hybrid Recall Issued Over Risk of Fires recalls | 11 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 51 days ago
- July 31: Kia Sephia Brake Pads and Rotors Focus of Lawsuit news | 79 days ago
Kia Recall SC038: Kia/Fuel Tank Assembly Valve
2002 Kia Optima
Fuel spillage in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- Some passenger vehicles may contain a fuel tank assembly valve that may not close properly. If a vehicle with a fuel tank assembly valve that is not properly closed were to roll over, fuel spillage may occur.
- Dealers will install an additional fuel tank assembly valve. Owner notification began June 25, 2004. Owners should contact Kia at 1-800-333-4542.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.