- March 12: Kia K5 Recall Issued to Replace Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 8 days ago
- March 7: Hyundai and Kia Theft Fix Involves Software Updates news | 13 days ago
- March 1: Genesis Exploding Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Announced recalls | 19 days ago
- February 3: Kia Telluride Recall To Repair Faulty Airbag Wire Harnesses recalls | 45 days ago
- January 31: Kia Telluride Headlight Failures Investigated investigations | 48 days ago
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 62,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 9 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (7 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
- rebuild engine (1 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2013 Optima problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
I have always maintained service and maintenance on my 2013 Kia Optima. In December 2019, the car was making a funny noise when I started it and it would not accelerate when driven. We took it to a local car dealership and they told me that the Turbo was bad. I had the car hauled to the Wyatt Johnson Kia dealership in Clarksville, Tennessee. There was a recall on a tube leading to the engine that carried oil. This recall is known to prevent oil from getting to the engine and also debris/sludge in the engine.
The Kia dealership said that I had no oil in the car and so therefore they would not cover the replacement of the Turbo. I explained that I have service and maintenance records from the past 4 years, but they said it was negligence on my part so they would not fix it even though I just had my oil changed in November and the car was inspected at the local dealership in December. I can get zero help from Wyatt Johnson Kia to explain to me why this is not covered under the recall since the car was deprived of oil because of the recall.
The car will barely go 40 miles per hour and has a burning smell when it is driven. I have sent emails, text messages, and made phone calls to the Kia dealership and all they tell me is they have done all they can do and that the fix is on me. I have gone without a vehicle since the middle of December 2019. Please give advice as to what I should do next.
- aprilhodges74, Dickson, US